"The place God calls us to is the place where your deepest gladness and the world's deepest hunger meet."
-Frederick Beuchner



Friday, January 10, 2014

Darling Tegan

Look at that cute face! Need I say more? Yesterday I got a Chinese fortune cookie that said "Your labors will bear sweet fruit." How fitting as all of our HARD WORK is about to bear SWEET SWEET fruit. I can't wait to see this darling face in real life. I'm assuming it will look solemn like it does in the first picture. Maybe curious, suspicious, a little freaked out. Not sure what emotions will surface in this little guy when we first meet. We are all getting SUPER excited, but trying to keep everything in perspective! 

The past few weeks I have felt like a wall has finally come down. To survive 13 months of jumping through adoption hoops and having nothing but a few pictures of Tegan I think I put up a shield; to protect myself from getting too anxious, too freaked out, nervous, excited, frustrated. I didn't even look at pictures of Tegan very often. Does that seem weird? This process is SO long and emotional I have just kept my distance. I can't explain it really. But as it gets closer and I am setting up the boys room to welcome him and getting some of Breck's smaller clothes back out of storage I am finally starting to let myself just fall in love with this sweet face and get super excited!! 
The Lord is SOOO good! What a precious GIFT!!!

**Do yourself a favor and click on these pics to enlarge. This doll deserves close inspection :-))





No comments:

Post a Comment