Dear Tegan,
It's Christmas time. I can't tell you how much I wanted you here dressed in the matching Christmas jammies I bought for you and your new brothers. I couldn't help but wonder how you would fit in at Jackie's house with all the kids running around and playing on Christmas day. But actually not wondering, just KNOWING that you would fit in just fine. I was looking around at my kids on Christmas Eve and it just hit me that next year as we play "pass the present" you will be HERE. Not there across the ocean, but here in your FOREVER home. Two more months is all. 13 months have passed since I looked at your little body standing there in a picture. Big shoes, and tiny little stick legs. Just half smiling. I immediately thought of Breck and Gavin (Jackie's son) who are just your age. My heart was beating fast and I KNEW I had to tell Daddy about you. I was SO nervous. I'm still SO nervous. How will you react when we come all the way across the ocean to CHINA to meet you? Will you be angry at us or just excited? What will Christmas be like next year with you as our official son? Time can only tell. I can't wait! Merry Christmas sweetheart!
Love, Mom
p.s I found you a darling sweater today that I will bring to China. Can't wait to see your olive skin and dark hair with it on.
No comments:
Post a Comment