"The place God calls us to is the place where your deepest gladness and the world's deepest hunger meet."
-Frederick Beuchner



Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday, November 7, 2014

Tegan,
It has been too long since I've written in your journal; even longer since I have written in mine. I have a tendency to take care of my kids stuff before my own. That is what motherhood is all about I guess.
We have had a wonderful summer and fall. I absolutely love looking out my back window and seeing my kids jumping on the trampoline and enjoying the fall weather. It is still good weather so far. We haven't seen one snow flake yet. I'm just holding my breath and hoping to move to a warmer climate before I do! You ask me almost every day if it is going to snow. 
You are such a curious little guy. Sometimes you are too nosey and I have to get after you and tell you to stay out of the other kids business. Sometimes I'm a little ornery with you. Good thing you have a kind and forgiving heart for your not-so-perfect-mama. 
You told me the other day that you have 4 mamas. The mama that had you in her belly, the two mamas that took care of  you in China (you were in 2 foster homes), and me. I'm glad that I get to be one of your mamas. The Lord has blessed me. I was holding you the other day and stroking your cheek. I thought about your birth mom. I wish SO bad she could see how you are doing. I don't want her to worry about you. She would be proud of you. She must have had a tender heart because you do.  
You always tell me you don't want to go back to China. I think you had a happy life there, but I think you have more opportunities here and I think  you can sense that. All of my kids are blessed and get to do fun and exciting things. We should always be grateful for that.
I'm grateful that I am able to teach you about Jesus and Heavenly Father. You ask me questions about Jesus sometimes like "Where is Jesus' bed up in Heaven?" 
I love you!
Love, Mom
The primary in our ward had a bike parade this summer.
You were as slow as a turtle on this little bike with training
wheels. It makes me laugh just looking at this picture. Silly boy.

Jesse's 4th birthday! What is that serious face for Mr. Tegan?


Camping with Ashley and her kids. Aspen on right.




Your first campfire at night. What do you think? Looks like love at first sight.




We went up to Heber and Park City with Gary, Jackie and their kids to enjoy the last
bit of fall! We stopped at a park in Heber that was so fun.
Also, the Loco Lizard to eat in Park City.

Aspen's 7th birthday party.


My handsome sons headed to church. This is one proud mama.

Triplets! JJ is having a hard time smiling in pictures lately. 

We better show this picture to Jesse's future girlfriends. Having a nervous breakdown
because mom wants him to smile!

Hanging out at Jackie and Gary's. 

What's wrong Oak? 

We went to the zoo in October. It is nothing like the zoo in Guangzhou, China
but it was still a lot of fun to spend time as a family.
Kenzie Wheeler (Gracie's friend) is on the right. 





You meeting Great Grandma Moulton for the first time. She is almost 97! 


Face painting at the resthome. 

You are supposed to be a tiger but your dark skin is disguising it! :-)

We haven't had daddy home to celebrate Halloween since 2010, so this was
a special treat. Daddy made lasagna and we watched Ichabod Crane and ate donuts.
It was the perfect Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment