"The place God calls us to is the place where your deepest gladness and the world's deepest hunger meet."
-Frederick Beuchner



Sunday, September 21, 2014

Happy 7th Birthday!

Hi Tegan,
WHY does it take me so long to update my kids journals? I've got to get better at this. You celebrated your first birthday in America on July 21st. You turned 7! You look like you are 5 and fit very nicely with the kindergarteners that just got into first grade with you. I decided to hold you back into first grade again because you only had 3 months of first grade last year. I'm so glad I made that decision. You are doing wonderful socially at school and bit by bit you are catching up academically. 

As we were reading books last night I realized that you no longer glance at the book and then go play and then glance at the book again. You sit through all 4 books and engage just like the other boys. Your English has improved so much it is amazing! I am so proud of you cute boy! 

You are such a sweet little guy and really a good little boy most of the time. What makes me smile about you so much is how you love to talk about your future. You will tell me that you are going to buy a big truck and come over and visit me. You want to be a garbage man some days and a firefighter other days. You say that you are going to marry a little girl at  your school named Lanaea. You are going to have a boy and a girl. You also told me that if daddy is busy you will come over and help me work on projects. Thank you sweetheart! You are such a big helper every day!

I love you! Love, Mom




Daddy was in Mongolia so Gary helped you light the candles!
Gary is always such a nice guy to all my kids. We really love him.






No comments:

Post a Comment