Our social worker came out to our home today for our official "home visit." It was so nice to meet with her again and have her address some of our concerns. Our biggest concern is the language barrier we face. She has worked with many families bringing home children from China and it was comforting to hear her perspective.
She spent time talking with the kids. Ryan and I stepped out of the room, but could still hear some of what was being said. Ava let the social worker know that if anyone tried messing with her new brother she would do "karate" on them! Bet that's just what that lady wanted to hear. I'm sure her notebook made mention of "violent children." She also took care of Ryan's individual interview while she was here. I will be meeting with her one more time to finish off with my individual interview.
We went to the UPS store today to print and notarize lots of paperwork. It feels good to continually be moving this process along. Ryan is heading back to Mongolia today for 5 weeks. Hopefully while he is gone we can start on our online adoption training. Keep on keepin on.............
What a great adventure you are embarking on. Tegan is a very blessed little boy to be able to come to America and join your family. Hopefully, everyone in the extended family will rally around this little guy and welcome him with open arms. As your mom Rach, I could not be more proud than I am and I am excited and looking forward to my new grand son. What an example of love you are!!!
ReplyDelete