"The place God calls us to is the place where your deepest gladness and the world's deepest hunger meet."
-Frederick Beuchner



Saturday, December 29, 2012

Full Life. Happy Life.

You can scroll below to see my first official post on this blog and meet our little man. As this will eventually be made into a blog book I figured I didn't want too much time to pass between entries.

We have officially told our families that we are adopting. We have had mixed reactions ranging from mild curiosity to down right enthusiasm. I find it interesting when I hear a comment like my brother Mark made, "Can you imagine what this will mean for this little boy!?" I appreciate his comment and I'm grateful that he is pleased with what we are doing, but I have also been thinking about how much this adoption will "mean to us" over the years. I think we will be blessed one hundred times more than this child will be blessed. He will give to us much more than we will give to him, as all of our children do.

I am so grateful that Ryan and I are pursuing this course. I NEVER want to look back on my life and wonder "what if?" I want to fully live life and not be held back by fear. Sometimes it seems easier to just live in the norm. It would be much easier if Ryan didn't work in Mongolia. But then that would be another "what if?" Mongolia has opened our eyes in many ways, and we have grown. We could make every excuse in the book to NOT adopt. Too expensive, too risky, too much paperwork, too much trouble (after all we aren't infertile and have 4 beautiful kids of our own). I'm sure many people wonder why in the world people with bio children adopt.

Everyone has to make their own way in life. Everyone has to make choices. Some people will live in fear and be paralyzed by their own comfortable life. I don't want my life to be "comfortable." I want my life to be full. You never know how rich your life can be unless you go out on a limb, take risks, have faith over fear.

What risk will you take today?! Whatever it is, it will be worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Rach i need to be more like you! This post is so needed in my life right now you guys are doing great work of our heavenly father that he cant be here physically to do! You guys are a great example

    ReplyDelete