"The place God calls us to is the place where your deepest gladness and the world's deepest hunger meet."
-Frederick Beuchner



Saturday, November 21, 2015

A Farewell

We just got some pictures taken a week ago. Cute huh? I love my kiddos and I'm so grateful God has entrusted them in my care. It's been quite awhile since I have written. As I write you are laying on the floor behind me drawing. You LOVE to draw. You are really good at it too. You've done some fun things lately. You went to your friend Lincoln's birthday party last night at a place called Blaster Tag. You and Breck went to a Jazz game with the Scouts on Wednesday and will be heading to a birthday party for a girl in your primary class today. You get to dress up as an animal. You love animals! 
We went to Disneyland on November 7th and stayed for a week. It was a fun trip and such a joy to spend time together as a family. Your favorite ride was Matterhorn Mountain. You also loved laying in bed and watching tv in the hotel room. There is a substitute teacher at your school named Mrs. Gordon. She is probably in her late 60s. She LOVES you so much! She took you to Disney on Ice about a week ago. You adore her too. She is fun and spunky and I'm grateful for all the great people in your life that can have a positive impact. 

Well sweetheart, it's time to say goodbye to this blog. None of my other kiddos get their own personal blog and you are definitely a fully integrated part of our family now! I will still keep a journal for you but it won't be this fancy. I will print this blog book so that you can remember, or learn about, this time in your life; your transition from two separate worlds. I hope you can keep China in your heart always. Be proud. This is your heritage. Now you are Chinese American. Two great civilizations. Carry that with pride. I love you! You are a gem!
Love, Mom





No comments:

Post a Comment