"The place God calls us to is the place where your deepest gladness and the world's deepest hunger meet."
-Frederick Beuchner



Friday, April 5, 2013

Just Thinking........

So all I have to do is think and imagine at this point. Think think think. Hmmm....It's a good thing I've got 4 other kids to keep me BUSY. I cannot imagine being an infertile couple that has wanted a child for so long. This process is long enough as it is and I'm only into it 5 months.

Speaking with the adoption agency it looks like the soonest Tegan will be home is September and probably the latest November. Christmas will be a different experience at our house this year.

I feel weird sharing this, but Ryan and I went to La Frontera the other night to continue my birthday festivities. Anyway, our waiter had a limp when he walked. It almost seemed like one leg was longer than the other. I found myself wanting to tip him more just out of sympathy for him. Does that sound crazy? I asked Ryan when we got to the car if he thinks that people would be prone to do that to Tegan too. You know, feel sorry for him. Ryan said he thinks they would. Have you ever felt that way? I feel bad admitting it because along with feeling sympathy for the person, at times I think people see them as inferior. I've never given this much thought, but definitely with this new guy coming home I have thought about it off and on. How many, many times is Tegan (or our family) going to face different questions about his hands? Lots of stares I'm sure. It makes me feel bad for him, and hurt for him like you hurt for your children when they fall down, are bullied, are sick, or any other thing that comes up. .

He's gonna have to have thick skin. People are ignorant usually and cruel occasionally. I think he is adorable and sweet! Mom's always feel that way about their kids! God gave us that love and compassion for all the outside issues that our kids will face!

Ryan and I both believe Tegan can do anything he wants to do. Play the piano, become an electrician like his dad, ANYTHING! His special need isn't as severe as many but I know he has learned and will continue to learn how to adapt and accomplish just as much as others but sometimes with a twist! I'm excited to have front row seats to his life and all that is accomplished!

Thanks for listening again!

No comments:

Post a Comment